To see the posting on their site, you have to create a profile, so I added it to this post. I'm guessing that the CCCC code under languages refers to the language assessment for Government of Canada jobs (scroll down to see what C means.)
I like the "commitment to official languages" functional skill. Points for vagueness. Does it mean you're BFFs with a language? That you pinky swore your faith? Maybe it only makes sense in French? Just so you know, I do appreciate bilingualism, but I also appreciate clarity.
Housing Information Analyst, Canadian Housing Information Centre - Level 08 (temporary assignment up to 17 months)
The primary objectives of this position are:
- To manage the housing information services of the Canadian Housing Information Centre ensuring the delivery of timely, accurate and comprehensive (verbal and written) responses to complex housing information enquiries received from CMHC staff, the housing industry and research community, members of the public, and government officials at all levels and jurisdictions in Canada and abroad.
- To develop, implement and manage self-service reference and research tools for the use of CMHC researchers and external clients.
- To plan, develop and deliver training programs and presentations.
- To manage copyright requests for CMHC information products.
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Science and a minimum of 5 years of reference/research experience with increasing responsibility or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and reaching agreements on issues and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning/scheduling and strong project management skills.
- Proven abilities in the analysis of information.
- Broad knowledge of the complex fields of housing, construction and community development, and the information resources related to these fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge in accessing, searching and delivering information electronically.
- Responsive in dealing with client service issues and requests.
- Able to manage effectively multiple priorities at one time and to delegate appropriate assignments with authority.
- Good presentation, training and public speaking skills.
- Strong team player and demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Proven ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Demonstrated decision making and effective problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of CMHC's organization, policies, programs, and business activities would be an asset.
- Client focus
- Valuing and Respecting Individuals
- Analytical Thinking
- Commitment to Official Languages
- Communication (presenting and influencing)
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
Candidates must meet the language requirements to be considered. A language test may be
required. Please note that test(s) may be administered. If so, candidates will be advised in advance.
Job Field Marketing
Primary Location ON-Ottawa
Organization Corporate Marketing
Job Posting Apr 23, 2010
Closing Date May 11, 2010
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Eligibility for Overtime Compensation: Yes
Eligibility: Open to casual, contract and regular employees (including probationary employees) and to external recruitment
Position number: R2399
Minimum Salary ($) 57,564
Maximum Salary ($) 71,942
Language Designation of Position: Bilingual
Language skill levels of position (Read/Write/Understand/Speak): CCCC