Reporting directly to the Library Board, the Library Manager is responsible for the operation and enhancement of the library facility and services provided, the direction of both library and programming staff and support of the Library Board in policy, planning and budgeting.
Qualified applicants will possess:
- Masters of Library Sciences or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years relevant experience in a library setting
- Experience leading staff and change management
- Knowledge of the budgetary process
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, board and community partners
- Excellent public relations and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in the management and use of library technology
Qualified applicants, once contacted, will be provided with a detailed role description.