If you really want to present but aren't sure if you are ready to carry the burden alone, or believe that the reputation of your potential co-presenter may help you get on the roster, should you look for a co-presenter? Maybe. There are pros and cons for a co-presenter:
- Reputation of the co-presenter may help you get a conference slot
- Provided that your co-presenter is more experienced, you can get some mentorship
- Is this truly a partnership? Have you worked on this thesis together? If so, you should share
- Is this a co-presenter topic or is it all yours? If it is all yours, you should do your best to become the evangelist for your own ideas
- Speaking as a practiced blowhard, the more experience you have, sometimes the more right you feel to dominate. I mean: will your more experienced co-presenter steal the show and make you look like a Rosencrantz to his Hamlet? I also may not be able to help it: with my co-presenter whining about how terrified she is, it just makes me all momma-bear maternal and junk.