Monday, September 29, 2008

Women hate working for other women?

According to this article from Women.Co, women find it harder to work for other women than they do for men. I can only go by my own experience, so I think it is utter baloney. I think this part of the article actually hits the nail on the head:
‘It may be that something about the nature of the work itself is influencing these health differences,’ Dr Schieman told the Journal of Health and Social Behavior.

‘For example, women working with a woman supervisor might tend to be found mostly in the caring sector or in jobs that tend to be under-resourced, under-funded and under-valued, such as social work or education, creating stress both for the workers themselves and stress for the boss that might trickle down to her subordinates.

‘These are speculative points that need to be investigated further.’
Less pay, less job security, working in "caring" professions--hmmm, sounds soul-sucking. Add a diva boss or colleague--male or female--and I think I would be putting Maalox in my coffee as creamer, too.

No comments: